Who is the Jennings Company?
Introducing Kathleen Jennings of The Jennings Company, offering personalized career management coaching to senior managers and executives. With more than 17 years of success in "coaching the winners in job searches", Kathleen has helped over a thousand clients.
"Most of my clients have never looked for a job since they were new college graduates. A few have been through an outplacement program but weren't happy with the job search assistance they received."
Why Would Anyone Retain a Coach?
- Almost all successful people have a person they trust as a mentor or a sounding board. But job hunting is a lonely business, and you can't discuss your situation with just anybody.
- When it comes to career issues, an expert coach can help to hone skills and strategies, giving you a winning edge over your competitors. And a coach can be objective about you...What is that old line about "A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client"?
- A coach is your expert ally, strategist, cheerleader and drill instructor; ready to help you win the event.
Where Can an Expert Coach Help?
- For some, coaching may include assessment of saleable strengths, search strategies, and optimum positioning and company targeting.
- For others, executive coaching may involve communicating more effectively, both verbally (interview coaching, presentation skills) and in written materials (resume development, marketing/promotional materials, letters).
- For many coaching will include creating a career plan, then executing it...not just talking about it.
- For everyone, an expert coach brings expertise and objectivity to strengthen skills in salary negotiation, networking and career marketing.
Who Should Consider Retaining a Coach?
Someone who is leaving, or has left, a current position, either voluntarily or involuntarily. Job loss is stressful. Stress gets in the way of effective career management and delays moving forward. Unemployment is expensive, and you lose negotiation power.
Someone who is employed now, but who knows it is not the right situation anymore. If you have ever said, "It's just not fun anymore", this means YOU. Of course, keeping things confidential is a special part of this type of search, because you can't talk to many people about it.
Someone who wants to review a current career and to plan for future growth. Most successful companies operate from a plan. So do most successful people.